IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are not a licensed Naturopathic Doctor (ND), please reach out to your own licensing board. CBNM only licenses and regulates NDs and this is not for any other healthcare practitioner.
For Purposes of Applying for the Administration of IV Therapies Specialty
Per Business and Professions Code section 3640.8, expressly permits the administration of intravenous (IV) Therapies by licensed naturopathic doctors practicing in California. There is no requirement that licensed naturopathic doctors who do not administer IV therapies complete IV training given by providers approved under this section.
Provider approval by the Board for IV Therapy training requirements does not equate to a general grant of approval for continuing education courses for California NDs. Providers seeking approval for continuing education courses must still separately obtain approval from one of the other statutorily mandated approvers.
Standards for Compliance
California law requires that a naturopathic doctor must first satisfy the following criteria in order to administer intravenous (IV) therapies (BCP section 3648.8 (a)(1) and (2):
- Has a current naturopathic doctor license in California
- Has completed a qualifying course on IV therapy from a course provider approved by the Board.
Questions about the provider and course application process should be directed to the Board at email@example.com.
Licensee Intravenous Therapy (IVT) Specialty Application Process (for IVT specialty and expanded scope of practice)
- Apply online by visiting BreEZe https://www.breeze.ca.gov/datamart/mainMenu.do.
- Items that you will need to upload are as follows:
- Curriculum Vitae (Not needed for licensed NDs graduating within preceding 12-months)
- Certificate of Completion of IV Therapy Training
- The Board will respond to the application by providing either a confirmation, denial, or request for more information. If you have not received a response within 30 days of submission, please contact the Board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tip sheet/Instructions on how to apply online: Online IV Therapy Specialty Certification Application.